Thank you for your interest in the Kentfield Fire Protection District.
Kentfield Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer.
Defensible Space Seasonal Firefighter (2020)
Application Period: CLOSED
The District is anticipating the need for seasonal firefighters this year.
- Defensible Space Inspector: The Defensible Space Inspector will conduct professional work in fire prevention or other related work. Examples of work tasks include but are not limited to one or more of the following:
- Perform defensible space inspections in accordance with Public Resources Code Section 4291.
- Increase awareness, knowledge and actions implemented by individuals and communities to reduce human loss and property damage from wildfires, such as defensible space and other fuels reduction activities, fire prevention and fire safe building standards.
Minimum qualifications at time of appointment include:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current Professional Provider CPR card
- Valid, non-restricted California Driver’s License
- Successful completion of Marin County Wildland Academy or California (Cal Fire) Wildland Certificate or other training as approved by the District
- FF 1 Academy Certification
- Valid CA. EMT License
- Current firefighting and EMS experience
- College Fire Science studies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn firefighting tactics and EMS techniques
- Ability to learn the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
Testing and Eligible List:
Depending on the number of qualified applications received, the examination may consist of a highly qualified review, application screening, online assessment, written examination, oral examination, performance examination, or any combination to determine which candidates' names will be placed on the eligible list.
Compensation, $15.00 - $22.50 hourly (depending on experience). Schedules may vary. The District will use a 40-hour workweek for D-Space inspectors. Schedules may be adjusted to fit the needs of the district. This is a non-benefit position.
How to apply:
Interested candidates complete the application of employment at www.kentfieldfire.org Candidates must submit a completed application, a letter of intent, and resume to the Administration Office at Administration@KentfieldFire.org. The subject line should read: 2020 Seasonal Firefighter Program.